Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Thematic Photographic 184: Curved

For this week's theme I have a collectic ellection an eclectic collection 
of curved shots from near and far...

I could have done a whole post on my favourite architect/artist, Gaudi - but I restrained myself to just one shot of a ventilation cover on the roof of the Casa Batllo, Barcelona ~


Now I'm inside the Grand Mosque in Bursa, Turkey ~


Walking into, and around the top of, a recently-formed crater of Mt Etna in Sicily ~



Back in New Zealand, here's a wintry late afternoon shot in Wellington ~


and some lovely curvy blossoms in a garden in Taranaki ~



Visiting the Auckland zoo - this is a whale's backbone ~


Three curved shots from my neighbourhood ~




And my last curve: goodnight, moon...



If you'd like to see more posts for this theme, visit Written Inc and look around!

7 comments:

  1. You always please our senses with such dreamy places! All of these fit perfectly I'd say! Note to self, put these on the must see list!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your photos are always an enchantment. I love the river and tree shots in your neighbourhood. In fact, I love all these shots. Thank you so much.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stunning collection. Nature can be just as curved as man - look at Etna and those trees.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow. Your choice of that casa in Barcelona-- the angle, everything -- it's just perfect.
    Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That whale backbone is amazing. Beautiful picts.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love them all, but especially the moon and the water.

    ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. wow! wow!! what wonderful curves you have there Alexia!!

    LOVE the moon (of course!) and the architecture...the blooms...backbone and the curved shots from your neighborhood!! the water sure looks to be running VERY fast!!

    ReplyDelete

It's great when you leave a note!