Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Strong Lines - TP 194

Here are some photos which I thought fit into the "strong lines" idea of Carmi's latest Thematic Photographic theme (go here to see what this is all about). They are from my school holiday trip to the South Island of New Zealand in April.


The Information Centre (!) at the remote settlement of Okarito Lagoon, a 12 sq km unmodified wetland which is home to many birds and other species.



 The jetty, Lake Ianthe. This West Coast area of New Zealand is remote, unspoiled, and stunningly beautiful - I think so, anyway.




Not lines in the sand - lines of winter crops in the dirt, near Nelson.


8 comments:

  1. Awesome pictures, I love the greys of the information centre, but the pier out into the lake ones are amazing. The reflection on the lake makes the pier look like it's floating in air.

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW! I love the first two, then saw the lake photos! I do hope you frame some of these- they're very deserving.. Good examples and great DOF on the top 2.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the clouds in the lake...I try for those whenever I get the chance.

    Yours came out perfect!
    ~

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my wonderful visions, you have aced the lines here in such a lovely fashion! Of course there's dreamy water! I also really like what you've done to your blog look, especially your header photo! Very nice and peaceful feeling!

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are incredible. At each photo I was saying 'favourite'. I think the reflected clouds has it by a whisker. Thank you so much.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fine photos, one and all. But I can understand if you have your head in the clouds - that shot is awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you. That part of the world is so gorgeous, it's not hard to take good photos!:)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I saw your comment on Kalie's Best Friend, so I came over to see where you lived that you're waiting for summer. You live in a beautiful place. By your beautiful photographs, it doesn't look like you're waiting for anything. Lovely work.

    ReplyDelete

It's great when you leave a note!