Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Some favourite photos from 2013

For Thematic Photographic #275: some times when I was glad I had my camera.


Some kids and their Dad build a new residence on the Petone foreshore, 
Wellington harbour. With seagulls.




The Taranaki coast, one of my favourite bits of the world:


It's one of the best surfing areas in the country -


But it doesn't pay to take it lightly. 18 months ago, two 17-year-old students 
and their Outdoor Education instructor lost their lives when they were swept off the cliffs:



Another beach: Seacliff, in Adelaide, Australia, in the late afternoon light -




For other participants' favourite shots from the year just ended, go to Written.Inc

9 comments:

  1. That beach hut is great! And the sun on the clouds pic is so lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Some wonderful photos there. And your granddaughter is a little charmer.

    ReplyDelete
  3. And I love seeing your ocean pictures, that beach-fort is the coolest. I think I'm going to have to make it out to the Pacific next summer. Or maybe I'll just visit the ocean next time I sneak down there to get pictures of your cat, eh? :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those photos are great. Your granddaughter is so cute - just the same age as my great granddaughter!! And I am amazed at that 'beach hut' - there must be a lot of driftwood on your beaches!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful photos! Between your photos and my friend Margaret's photos, I am getting a real good feel for Kiwi Land!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great driftwood palace! And sky!

    And your granddaughter is wonderful.

    Happy New Year, Alexia!
    ~

    ReplyDelete
  7. My surfer grandson would love to visit that Taranaki bay.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your photos - makes me miss the water and the waves.

    ReplyDelete

It's great when you leave a note!